Monday 8 November 2010

Quilters' Guild of SA Festival of Quilts

We have just had our annual Quilt Exhibition and it was lovely to be back home among quilting friends again. Four days of a little white gloving, shopping and nattering. Now I am sorry I do not have a load of photos - I need to get permission to share them but I will sneak in a few hoping the makers won't mind! Keep an eye on the Guild website - all the winners should be there soon; http://www.saquilters.org.au/

Junior winner 1st place (under 12years) is Briana Denneny with "Beautiful Japan" 
Briana is the daughter of our famous Rachelle who has just won in Houston!!
 Here she is receiving her prize - a sewing machine!
 And little sister Tegan received 3rd place for her "Floating Flowers"
 And younger brother Casey a highly commended for "Dinotopia"
 And because Mum was in Houston I had the honour of taking Briana to
the awards evening. Here Briana is receiving prizes for her sister and
brother and I had the privilege of giving a prize! What a talented family!
Melissa was a participant in one of my sit and sew sessions some years ago and her creation is a winner as well - 2nd place Amateur Predominantly Applique - Two person
Congratulations Melissa XX (Machine quilted by Suzanne Akhurst)
And friend Mary Williams - Hope you don't mind me sharing Mary but I am too proud!
Mary received two awards......1st place Professional Art Quilt and Best Use of Colour. Congratulations Mary! 
 Close-up of all that beautiful stitching
We are all looking forward to seeing Rachelle when she gets home -
I just wish I could be at the airport to greet her but a workshop summons me :-(
Below is a photo from Lisa Walton's blog of Rachelle receiving her award in Houston
And Lisa was also a "winner" in Houston this year receiving the Jewel Pearce Patterson International Quilt Teacher Scholarship for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x