Wednesday 17 October 2012

Niagara Falls

All I can say is WOW!! This has definitely been a highlight of the trip. The weather was very kind to us apart from a few hours of cold and grey...but who cares?!! The colours are just incredible and our tour guide told us that two weeks ago it was all green - lucky us. The first few images are at the Niagara Whirlpool....I wish you could see the incredible colours...the photos really don't do them justice........











And then the real fun begins...here we are and the first views of those incredible falls..........

 Jackie on our trip is a retired Director of Nursing and such a laugh.......she is all prepared in her shower cap for the boat ride! (her new job is as a singer/entertainer on the Gold Coast!!)


 You can just see the Maid of the Mist in the foreground. Do visit their website as it is interactive and rather fun...click here.


This is the bridge that separates the US with Canada.......








 I can't even describe the exhilaration of it all...the noise and to be so close - again photos just don't really do it justice......but I am very wet in this pic!!!





These images are back on land.........





On the US side of Niagara there is not a great view...so they built this lookout to try and get a better view of the falls which are really 'around the corner'!!





Larry and I went for a 5km walk after the excitement and captured some more beautiful leaf colours and a few B&B's along the main road........























More of Niagara shortly......

2 comments:

  1. These are very energizing pictures!! And wet...I have never known anyone who did the "boat". I guess if one comes half way around the world - you do it ALL....

    Don't worry about the colors not showing well, any of us who have been to New England in the fall automatically "fill in the blanks" when we see this sort of photo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there in the summer but I think the fall photos make it even more beautiful than when I saw it. One day I will travel to the New England area in the fall and hit Niagara Falls on the way there or back.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x