Friday 9 November 2012

Our Guild's talent!

One more post before we leave! I just wanted to share my pride from home. Our Guild - the South Australian Quilters' Guild's annual exhibition "Festival of Quilts 2012" opened yesterday (still getting my head around being nearly 19 hours behind home time as it is early Thursday morning here!!)

I am so proud to be amongst so many talented quilters. Congratulations to all the winners especially the Denneny family! Rachelle won Best of Show, the Domestic Machine quilting award, and two more first places...and if that wasn't enough her 3 children won three awards - one talented family! 

Above is detail of Rachelle Denneny's 'Golden Ivory' - Best of Show winner.

Congratulations also to Kay Hutton who won 2nd place Amateur Appliqué....her first original design and I am proud to have encouraged her talent. Also to Sally McKenzie for her 'Deconstructed Dresden' Karlyn Hanchard for 'Harbour Lights', Mary Williams for 'The Beach', Jill Christian for 'Christmas in July'........and everyone else! 

These are the quilts that caught my eye when first viewing. Click on the link below and then on each category to see more talent from home. You can see all the winning entries by clicking on the link below:

Quilters' Guild of South Australia Inc - 'Festival of Quilts 2012 winners'

And I hope some lucky person treasures this quilt that I donated for the raffle - I am so glad funds being raised will be going to the Young Carers of Carers South Australia ......


Thanks to all the committee and helpers and to Candy for getting the photos uploaded on the internet so soon....I am very happy! Home soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x