Tuesday 16 August 2016

Advancing August

Where on earth has August gone.......I cannot believe it is the evening of the 16th already??!! So if you haven't had enough of Beatrix Potter to put up with here is a little more! In the coming weeks I will set up a page on this blog so you can see what is in the book.....and yes they have arrived and are in all sorts of spaces that we could find in the carport and inside the house!!........


The website should be ready to go on Monday October 24th and the book will be retailing for AU$29.95. (just need to wait until after the launch in the UK and here in Australia then it will be all systems go!) It is a much bigger book than the May Morris one and for overseas quilters the wait will be a little longer if you would like to save some $$$. I am hoping it will be printed in the US saving you on postage costs so I will let you know as soon as I know. So for now a few more of the projects that you may not have seen........a Mrs Tiggy Winkle iron cover because I just had to have one!
 The large reproduction quilt of the 1863 Potter wedding quilt..........
 A quick bag making use of a left over quilt block.....and some blocks from two more quilts......"Bubbles" quilt......





and "Serendipity" quilt......
 




A wool felt padded storage box depicting a very naive version of Hill Top......
and a wool felt nursery ball.......
Hand stitched hexagons.........

 A small wall hanging based on a drawing that Beatrix did when she was only 15.......
 A cushion inspired by the Tailor of Gloucester story.........
And I just had to make some more pinwheels!.....
 So what else has filled these busy August days? We shared a wonderful curry lunch with friends on Sunday each sharing a recipe. I decided to dig in to one of my many cookbooks this time one that the family gave me a few Christmases ago.  It is a fabulous book and the Roasted Green Chicken Curry was delicious. There is a recipe online HERE but I did cheat a little and bought a jar of good quality green curry paste and substituted the coconut milk for coconut cream........
I've also just sewn on the buttons to three new shirts that I've made ready to take to the UK, and this time I pre-washed all the fabrics so I expect no more shrinkage....or perhaps it was my lack of exercise that contributed to the previous ones shrinking?!.....
 


 And the fingers have been busy with more secret stitching that will be revealed on our exciting Beatrix Potter and William Morris tours in just over 2 weeks......


So until next time I hope life is treating you well x

9 comments:

  1. If only I could sew shirts as you have - I would be the best dressed volunteer around!!! Lushes....

    October you say ...... I guess I like the part about printed in USA better so will wait until you give the word.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so looking forward to seeing the new book - I love those hexies with the embroidery in the center - I think they might be in my future! so lets see I guess you are going into spring and allergy season now as we will be going into fall in a couple more weeks. Love your shirts - I can't make shirts - I can't make button holes that turn out LOL I will leave that kind of sewing to those of you that are experts. If you can't get the new book printed in the US let me know and I will order straight from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new shirts! So exciting to see your new book all printed and ready to go, good luck with the sales I hope it goes gangbusters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks wonderful, I think that I will have to make of those nursery balls. Good luck with the sales, I am sure it will be a winner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just can't wait but alas have to, thanks for giving us a little preview, just wonderful things coming in the new book. Have a wonderful tour, looking forward to those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your site...every time I read it and see the pictures, even when I'm sad, it makes me happy!! Thanks for sharing the joy; so looking forward to the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE Michele!! Cannot wait to add this book to a treasured collection. Much Love XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been so busy and all those boxes of books to hide. Just love all the gorgeous Beatrix Potter projects. K xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been on vacation this August so can well understand where it has gone. All the previews are wonderful. Love everything, but especially your shirts.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x