Tuesday 13 September 2016

Cruising on the Lake

We've had another eventful day starting at the Armitt Museum where we had the opportunity of learning more about Beatrix Potter and viewing her exquisite art especially of her fungi studies. The great bonus was being able to photograph them but with copyright issues I am sorry I am unable to share them here…..so these images set the scene in Grasmere…..oops - I meant Ambleside!……..










 Helen also managed an extra visit to view the Morris stained glass in the Troutbeck Church nearby….







 Before I share our wonderful Cruise on the Lake I am backtracking to a few nights ago as I had no room to do it before. Last Friday evening was spent in Hawkshead where we visited a brewery and then dined in a cookery school. First the Hawkshead Brewery where I even had a taste and I am not one that generally likes a beer!…….the five brewers are shown here…….













 Following this new experience (well for me anyway!) we moved nearby to Lucy Cook's Cookery School where we were treated to a dinner experience with a difference. To watch the food being prepared was a great treat……….
   







 So speaking of dining brings me back to our cruise on the Lake where we dined tonight and in Victorian style on a Steam Yatch - The Gondola and what a magnificent dining treat! The two hour cruise was delicious in more ways the one….the fine dining, the peace of the lake and the sheer beauty of this magnificent Lake District. I will let the photos do the talking……….

















 Ruskin's House in the distance……Brantwood……..


 and thankyou Penny for showing that we were really there!……..
Sadly tomorrow is our last day so more of that soon x

3 comments:

  1. what beautiful places you have been able to visit Michele - I'm envious! I would have to do a lot of walking to work off all that wonderful food and drink you have been showing - thank goodness for all those gardens that you have gone through. I hope you got yourself some wonderful little gifts while you have been wondering about and you have the beautiful photos to look back on also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last photo of you and Larry. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would have loved that brewery, too. Everything looks so fun! The memories you'll have with all your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x