Tuesday 22 May 2018

Another day of memories

Sunday was a quiet contemplative day for us reflecting on our 40 years of marriage. It was cool and overcast (just how we like it), with a gentle whisper of wind. So first we enjoyed lunch at a nearby cafe (with enough leftovers for our dinner!), and then made the short drive to Southport Beach where our nearby river finally reaches the sea.........
 We decided to take the safe steps but chuckled at this lad taking the old and dangerous ones with what looked like a near miss...........

 One brave soul was out catching his supper and in the time we were there the tide was coming in quite quickly so his knee high depth became thigh high fast.........














At first glance we thought this was a perished bird but on closer examination it was just a plant.......
 And a very much living species of sea bird that we have not seen before........



 We are so lucky to live just five minutes from this wonderful place and we never take it for granted. While I've been chatting to you an email came through from Val in New South Wales. She has just finished this spectacular quilt for her son and daughter-in-law and combined blocks from my Dublin quilt and the Fantasy at Midnight patterns and what a splendid job she has done. I love it and I hope the recipients love it too. Thankyou so much Val for sending me the photo and allowing me to share it on the blog.......
 We leave for Robe in just two sleeps so next post will be from there....till then take care x 

3 comments:

  1. such a pretty place!! I love that stairway going down to the sea - I love those kinds of places although if you are like me on the way back up you are walking 10 steps and then taking a breather LOL We are taking off in just a few more "sleeps" like you too and I hope I have some interesting photos to share along the way but first we are still waiting to pick up the motorhome from it's servicing - it needed new belts and fluids etc, might be ready today - I hope - I need to get that baby cleaned on the inside and start packing it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fantastic photos of the coastline, looks rugged and dangerous but some young people don't have the realisation of danger that others do. What a beautiful quilt you have posted for us to see, it must give you a lot of satisfaction to see your creations come to life for others to enjoy. Have a wonderful time in Robe, relax and enjoy that happy place.
    Love, Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a restful place. What a nice way to celebrate your 40 years. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x